Nickel allergies and technology



I’m so focused on food allergies that I often forget how common it is for people react to things that touch their skin (which we all recall from bio class is our body’s largest organ). Case in point, a report that nickel allergies are on the rise, and that kids are reacting to the nickel in, among other things, their iPads.

It’s a good reminder for all of us that a rash can be caused by many things, not just something a child ingests.

P.S. Man, I hope I don’t develop an allergy to nickel. I’m pretty darn fond of my iPad.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.